Friday, November 18, 2011

Planning our wedding

I know some people get engaged and are married two months later, but for is it's been a whole other ball game.  So as we approach the "2 months to go" mark, we're getting more and more excited!

I do have a feeling that time is literally slipping from our grasp, which does have a tendency to make me feel quite panicked...

Arg!

Ok, so when they say that planning a wedding is up on the top of stressful things along with moving house or having a baby, changing your career or getting divorced, they're not lying. Don't get me wrong, we have enjoyed the process. It's been fun and at times, quite magical. It's also been an experience that's made me want to scream at the top of my lungs.

We've discovered it brings out the worst in some people, and there's been a fair few people exploding with "entitlement" - all the while we feel we hardly know these people so we're not too sure why they feel so entitled, and we're not sure what exactly they feel entitled too? Sigh. It's not been easy.

One thing I am sure of though is that it's going to be the best day of our lives, and we're both so excited. I almost wish we'd planned to have a shorter engagement just so that we could have experienced the magic by now, because the anticipation is a really intense feeling!

Er, yes. I can safely say the countdown is pretty much upon us and we're very, very excited! Wahoo!

No comments: